Power Manager Overview
Power Manager is the leading energy saving solution for Mac OS X.
1. When you first install Power Manager, your schedule will be empty. You can see your schedule and create events using the Power Manager application.
2. Power Manager's Schedule Assistant is the best way to get started creating your unique set of events. The Schedule Assistant includes a wide range of tasks for most situations.
3. With a schedule of events created, your Mac is ready to save energy. Events with known trigger dates will appear in the menu bar at the top-right of your display.
4. From Power Manager's menu bar you can view and adjust your schedule's events. Here the pending "Evening" event is selected and about to be adjusted. Note the shortcuts for quickly delaying pending events by ten and 30 minutes.
5. Having selected an event to be adjusted using the menu bar, an Adjust panel is displayed. Pending events can be adjusted forwards and backwards in time.
6. Power Manager integrates into Mac OS X's security and authorization infrastructure. Fine grained authorization rights are used to allow specific control over who can – and can not – interact with Power Manager. Here Power Manager is locked.
7. When you needs extend beyond the Schedule Assistant, Power Manager provides an event editor. Here the event editor is showing an event with one trigger and one action. To edit an event using the editor, hold down the "Option" key and double-click on the event.
8. For those managing multiple Macs, or needing to support customers running Power Manager, we have created Power Manager Professional. Professional complements the Standard edition by providing remote management of the standard edition, installer creation, and multiple schedule support.