The conversation on this page has been archived and is no longer active.

Magsafe adaptor failure

Message #1 - Posted 2007/06/10 - mark@localhost.com

The adaptor on my less than 10 month old macbook has started to fray/ melt near the connector. It also gets dangerously hot!!

After doing a bit of googling, it appears this fault is rather common. What are my chances of getting a free replacement?

Message #2 - Posted 2007/06/10 - SteveH

mark@localhost.com wrote:

The adaptor on my less than 10 month old macbook has started to fray/ melt near the connector. It also gets dangerously hot!!

After doing a bit of googling, it appears this fault is rather common. What are my chances of getting a free replacement?

Phone Apple, they'll swap it for you. They did for me when mine overheated and went bang.

SteveH 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo' www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Message #3 - Posted 2007/06/10 - mark@localhost.com

On 10 Jun, 13:13, SteveH wrote:

m...@localhost.com wrote:

The adaptor on my less than 10 month old macbook has started to fray/ melt near the connector. It also gets dangerously hot!!

After doing a bit of googling, it appears this fault is rather common. What are my chances of getting a free replacement?

Phone Apple, they'll swap it for you. They did for me when mine overheated and went bang.

You don't happen to have the url with the contact details on or the correct phone number to call do you?

regards

Message #4 - Posted 2007/06/10 - SteveH

mark@localhost.com wrote:

On 10 Jun, 13:13, SteveH wrote:

m...@localhost.com wrote:

The adaptor on my less than 10 month old macbook has started to fray/ melt near the connector. It also gets dangerously hot!!

After doing a bit of googling, it appears this fault is rather common. What are my chances of getting a free replacement?

Phone Apple, they'll swap it for you. They did for me when mine overheated and went bang.

You don't happen to have the url with the contact details on or the correct phone number to call do you?

You need to enter your serial number at the bottom of this page:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

that wil then give you all the support options available.

SteveH 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo' www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Message #5 - Posted 2007/06/10 - mark@localhost.com

On 10 Jun, 13:35, SteveH wrote:

You need to enter your serial number at the bottom of this page:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

that wil then give you all the support options available.

hmm, I did that and it just tells me I have a certain number of days left service coverage. It doesn't tell me whether I can take it back to an Apple store, or give me a phone number call.

Message #6 - Posted 2007/06/10 - ray

mark@localhost.com wrote:

On 10 Jun, 13:35, SteveH wrote:

You need to enter your serial number at the bottom of this page:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

that wil then give you all the support options available.

hmm, I did that and it just tells me I have a certain number of days left service coverage. It doesn't tell me whether I can take it back to an Apple store, or give me a phone number call.

Unless things have changed since I last purchased a new Apple Mac, the phone number you require is contained in the paperwork that came in the box.
The Apple Care Service and Support Guide lists 0870 876 0753 for the UK. But they don't work Sundays.

to email me please go here
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.html iChat AV datasmog7

Message #7 - Posted 2007/06/10 - auctions@sheldononline.co.uk

On 10 Jun, 20:17, ray wrote:

m...@localhost.com wrote:

On 10 Jun, 13:35, SteveH wrote:

You need to enter your serial number at the bottom of this page:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

that wil then give you all the support options available.

hmm, I did that and it just tells me I have a certain number of days left service coverage. It doesn't tell me whether I can take it back to an Apple store, or give me a phone number call.

Unless things have changed since I last purchased a new Apple Mac, the phone number you require is contained in the paperwork that came in the box.
The Apple Care Service and Support Guide lists 0870 876 0753 for the UK. But they don't work Sundays.
--
to email me please go herehttp://www.dream-weaver.com/email.html iChat AV datasmog7

Phoning an AppleStore and choosing the support option gets you through to the same place for a cheaper phone call. Try 0161 240 1000 for the manchester store.

A

Need Help? Have a Question?

Looking for more help, comments, and answers?

Ask your questions on Ask Different. Ask Different is a community of Apple users ready to help.