The conversation on this page has been archived and is no longer active.

Wallstreet/OS X not waking up from sleep properly

Message #1 - Posted 2001/12/01 - Steve Wilbur

All is well, but when I put it to sleep and wake it back up, the display isn't right. It's super dim, to the point of unreadability. You can see it's light, to some extent, but it's so dim you can't read it. This only happens in OS X, it's fine under MacOS 9.2.1.

This is a Wallstreet/466 (yes, 466) with 384mb of RAM running 10.1 on a 30gb hard drive.

Thanks

Message #2 - Posted 2001/12/01 - Sally Shears

Steve, this is exactly what I posted under the subject "Black screen on wake from sleep"

OS X 10.1, WallStreet 300.

-- Sally

In comp.sys.mac.portables Steve Wilbur wrote:

All is well, but when I put it to sleep and wake it back up, the display isn't right. It's super dim, to the point of unreadability. You can see it's light, to some extent, but it's so dim you can't read it. This only happens in OS X, it's fine under MacOS 9.2.1.

This is a Wallstreet/466 (yes, 466) with 384mb of RAM running 10.1 on a 30gb hard drive.

Thanks

--

Sally Shears (a.k.a. "Molly") sshears@world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~sshears

Message #3 - Posted 2001/12/01 - Steve Wilbur

[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see
the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

well, at least i know it's not just me. did you find a solution?

Previously, Sally Shears wrote:

Steve, this is exactly what I posted under the subject "Black screen on wake from sleep"

OS X 10.1, WallStreet 300.

-- Sally

In comp.sys.mac.portables Steve Wilbur wrote:

All is well, but when I put it to sleep and wake it back up, the display isn't right. It's super dim, to the point of unreadability. You can see it's light, to some extent, but it's so dim you can't read it. This only happens in OS X, it's fine under MacOS 9.2.1.

This is a Wallstreet/466 (yes, 466) with 384mb of RAM running 10.1 on a 30gb hard drive.

Thanks

Message #4 - Posted 2001/12/02 - Rob Frohne

Previously, Steve Wilbur wrote:

[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

well, at least i know it's not just me. did you find a solution?

Previously, Sally Shears wrote:

Steve, this is exactly what I posted under the subject "Black screen on wake from sleep"

OS X 10.1, WallStreet 300.

-- Sally

In comp.sys.mac.portables Steve Wilbur wrote:

All is well, but when I put it to sleep and wake it back up, the display isn't right. It's super dim, to the point of unreadability. You can see it's light, to some extent, but it's so dim you can't read it. This only happens in OS X, it's fine under MacOS 9.2.1.

This is a Wallstreet/466 (yes, 466) with 384mb of RAM running 10.1 on a 30gb hard drive.

Thanks

You might want to try pushing the little brightness button just below the screen. I am running a Wallstreet 466 with 512 Megs and OS X 10.1 without those problems.

Rob

Message #5 - Posted 2001/12/07 - Sally Shears

Thanks, Rob for the suggestion. That doesn't affect the problem.

Wake from sleep. No backlight.

-- Sally

In comp.sys.mac.portables Rob Frohne wrote:

You might want to try pushing the little brightness button just below the screen. I am running a Wallstreet 466 with 512 Megs and OS X 10.1 without those problems.

Rob

--

Sally Shears (a.k.a. "Molly") sshears@world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~sshears

Need Help? Have a Question?

Looking for more help, comments, and answers?

Ask your questions on Ask Different. Ask Different is a community of Apple users ready to help.