Where do I buy the charger for a MacPro Book with the New Zealand plug-in on it?

I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac.
Simon1952 wrote on :

If there is any0one reading this group from Oz or NZ, I am planning a trip to NZ in a few months. I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac. It doesn't matter about the capacity - the cheaper the better, actually - I'll just leave my plug ends at home and put the NZ plug ends on my power supply / Charger.

I don't know where you guys buy Mac stuff, nor what order number to put on it, but if you can help, I'd be ever so grateful...

S.

Helpful Harry replied on :

In article Simon1952-24291D.14120212052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

If there is any0one reading this group from Oz or NZ, I am planning a trip to NZ in a few months. I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac. It doesn't matter about the capacity - the cheaper the better, actually - I'll just leave my plug ends at home and put the NZ plug ends on my power supply / Charger.

I don't know where you guys buy Mac stuff, nor what order number to put on it, but if you can help, I'd be ever so grateful...

It's alsmot certainly easier and cheaper to just buy a normal travel adapter plug.

It's very unlikely any of the retail stores here in New Zealand actually stock NZ power plug heads separately, so you'd have to either wait for them to get one or buy a whole new power supply.

You may be able to buy just a power plug head from the Apple WebStore, but I don't know what the part number is.

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Helpful Harry :o)

Warren Oates replied on :

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Helpful Harry :o)

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

I've met a lot of New Zealanders that I've liked (in fact, I haven't met any that I've disliked). Here in Our Little Community, we have a Kiwi lady raises sheep; you drive by her place, and you'd swear it was in New Zealand, with the great big Pyrenees dogs and the sheep up the hill and so on; she raises children too, lots of them, her being Catholic, and they're all named after Irish saints (there's Dominic and Brendan and Bridget and so on (yeah, I know, Dominic was Spanish, but who's counting?).

I had a very close Kiwi friend in London some 30 years ago. We lost touch. I still owe him 50. You don't know an Andrew Mitchell, do you?

Dr Eberhard Lisse replied on :

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

On 2012-05-12 23:31 , Warren Oates wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Helpful Harry :o)

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

I've met a lot of New Zealanders that I've liked (in fact, I haven't met any that I've disliked). Here in Our Little Community, we have a Kiwi lady raises sheep; you drive by her place, and you'd swear it was in New Zealand, with the great big Pyrenees dogs and the sheep up the hill and so on; she raises children too, lots of them, her being Catholic, and they're all named after Irish saints (there's Dominic and Brendan and Bridget and so on (yeah, I know, Dominic was Spanish, but who's counting?).

I had a very close Kiwi friend in London some 30 years ago. We lost touch. I still owe him 50. You don't know an Andrew Mitchell, do you?

Helpful Harry replied on :

In article 4faee4d2$0$65499$c3e8da3$4db35a27@redacted.invalid, Warren Oates warren.oates@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

Watch Lord of the Rings and you've seen the "best" bits of the scenery - it's much cheaper than the visiting the price-goughing tourist traps like "Hobbiton" and you don't had to spend many hours in a plane.

I had a very close Kiwi friend in London some 30 years ago. We lost touch. I still owe him 50. You don't know an Andrew Mitchell, do you?

Yep, there's only 4million people here, so I do know Andrew Mitchell. He lives a couple of suburbs away. Send me the 162.17 (50 + 30 years of interest at 4% per annum) and I'll give it to him next time I see him. ;o)

Helpful Harry :o)

Wilbur Eleven replied on :

In article 4FAEF009.3040402@redacted.invalid, Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

Fick dich Arschloch.

Warren Oates replied on :

In article HelpfulHarry-1305121158270001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

Yep, there's only 4million people here, so I do know Andrew Mitchell. He lives a couple of suburbs away. Send me the 162.17 (50 + 30 years of interest at 4% per annum) and I'll give it to him next time I see him. ;o)

Okie dokie. That'll get a load of my chest.

It's like the Brits, they're all "Oh, I have an uncle in Can-ee-da; perhaps you know him; he lives in Winn-ee-peg." A place I hope never to visit.

Steve Fenwick replied on :

In article HelpfulHarry-1305121158270001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

In article 4faee4d2$0$65499$c3e8da3$4db35a27@redacted.invalid, Warren Oates warren.oates@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

Watch Lord of the Rings and you've seen the "best" bits of the scenery - it's much cheaper than the visiting the price-goughing tourist traps like "Hobbiton" and you don't had to spend many hours in a plane.

I think you're just doing the "protect us locals from the tourists" thing, the way Seattle locals (and Portlanders, to some degree) tell everyone that it rains all the time except when it's merely overcast, as a way to thin out the crowds. Friends who've been to NZ repeatedly sing its praises.

I'd watch "Xena" eps, but similar effect I suppose (never seen LotR, never plan to).

Steve

Leonard Blaisdell replied on :

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

I never seen a tuatara I've always hoped to see one But this I'll tell you anyhow I'd rather see than be one

[apologies to the ghost of Gelett Burgess]

leo

David Empson replied on :

Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

If there is any0one reading this group from Oz or NZ, I am planning a trip to NZ in a few months. I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac. It doesn't matter about the capacity - the cheaper the better, actually - I'll just leave my plug ends at home and put the NZ plug ends on my power supply / Charger.

I don't know where you guys buy Mac stuff, nor what order number to put on it, but if you can help, I'd be ever so grateful...

You can buy an Apple world travel adapter kit, which includes all the international plug adapters.

Assuming you are in Canada:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MB974ZM/B

(If not, substitute the appropriate country code for "ca" in the URL, or omit this part for the US.)

The only cheaper option I'm aware of from Apple would be to buy an iPod/iPhone or iPad power adapter when you get to New Zealand. The iPod/iPhone one includes a tap-on power adapter, and the iPad one includes a power cord.

For my MacBook Pro, I prefer to use the full length cord rather than the tap-on plug, because it correctly earths the computer. With the tap-on plug there is a leakage current I can feel on the metal body, which creates a tingling sensation.

Helpful Harry replied on :

In article nospam-CE037D.20570412052012@redacted.invalid, Steve Fenwick nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1305121158270001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

In article 4faee4d2$0$65499$c3e8da3$4db35a27@redacted.invalid, Warren Oates warren.oates@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

Watch Lord of the Rings and you've seen the "best" bits of the scenery - it's much cheaper than the visiting the price-goughing tourist traps like "Hobbiton" and you don't had to spend many hours in a plane.

I think you're just doing the "protect us locals from the tourists" thing, the way Seattle locals (and Portlanders, to some degree) tell everyone that it rains all the time except when it's merely overcast, as a way to thin out the crowds. Friends who've been to NZ repeatedly sing its praises.

Believe me, there's nothing here that isn't available elsewhere that is closer and cheaper ... lots of scenery (yawn!), bungy-jumping (whoop-de-doo), Hobbiton (WAY over-priced just to see a hole in the ground), ...

There's nothing unique or exciting. You can see animals like Kiwi birds, and tuatara reptiles at a zoo or even better images and movies online.

I'd watch "Xena" eps, but similar effect I suppose (never seen LotR, never plan to).

I've only seen bits 'n' pieces of Lord of the RIngs, but have no interest in watching the movies nor reading the books.

Helpful Harry :o)

Geoffrey S. Mendelson replied on :

David Empson wrote:

For my MacBook Pro, I prefer to use the full length cord rather than the tap-on plug, because it correctly earths the computer. With the tap-on plug there is a leakage current I can feel on the metal body, which creates a tingling sensation.

That's because the tap on plug does not properly ground (earth) the adaptor, while the cord does.

Inside the adaptor are MOV's (metal oxide varistors) which act as low grade surge suppressors. They leak ac. Not enough from a 120 volt main to feel it, but enough from a 230 volt main to feel it.

Geoff.

Jamie Kahn Genet replied on :

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

This from a spammer (dozens of groups with the same advert for it's website) who can't even post a message without emailing it as well, and who top posts everything. Who the fuck are you to say what goes here? shakes head

On 2012-05-12 23:31 , Warren Oates wrote: [snip]

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

I've met a lot of New Zealanders that I've liked (in fact, I haven't met any that I've disliked). Here in Our Little Community, we have a Kiwi lady raises sheep; you drive by her place, and you'd swear it was in New Zealand, with the great big Pyrenees dogs and the sheep up the hill and so on; she raises children too, lots of them, her being Catholic, and they're all named after Irish saints (there's Dominic and Brendan and Bridget and so on (yeah, I know, Dominic was Spanish, but who's counting?).

I had a very close Kiwi friend in London some 30 years ago. We lost touch. I still owe him 50. You don't know an Andrew Mitchell, do you?

Dr Eberhard Lisse replied on :

Ohh such language skills.

el

On 2012-05-13 01:18 , Wilbur Eleven wrote:

In article 4FAEF009.3040402@redacted.invalid, Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

Fick dich Arschloch.

Dr Eberhard Lisse replied on :

Because I can...

el

On 2012-05-13 08:52 , Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

This from a spammer (dozens of groups with the same advert for it's website) who can't even post a message without emailing it as well, and who top posts everything. Who the fuck are you to say what goes here? shakes head

On 2012-05-12 23:31 , Warren Oates wrote: [snip]

Ah, Harry, everyone in North America has a long-distance love affair with New Zealand (despite the atrocious behaviour of your pigs during the All Black affair some years ago).

I've met a lot of New Zealanders that I've liked (in fact, I haven't met any that I've disliked). Here in Our Little Community, we have a Kiwi lady raises sheep; you drive by her place, and you'd swear it was in New Zealand, with the great big Pyrenees dogs and the sheep up the hill and so on; she raises children too, lots of them, her being Catholic, and they're all named after Irish saints (there's Dominic and Brendan and Bridget and so on (yeah, I know, Dominic was Spanish, but who's counting?).

I had a very close Kiwi friend in London some 30 years ago. We lost touch. I still owe him 50. You don't know an Andrew Mitchell, do you?

David Empson replied on :

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm@redacted.invalid wrote:

David Empson wrote:

For my MacBook Pro, I prefer to use the full length cord rather than the tap-on plug, because it correctly earths the computer. With the tap-on plug there is a leakage current I can feel on the metal body, which creates a tingling sensation.

That's because the tap on plug does not properly ground (earth) the adaptor, while the cord does.

I knew that. It is obvious for the NZ/Aus plug, because the earth pin is missing from the tap-on plug.

Inside the adaptor are MOV's (metal oxide varistors) which act as low grade surge suppressors. They leak ac. Not enough from a 120 volt main to feel it, but enough from a 230 volt main to feel it.

I figured that it wasn't enough to be noticeable at 120V, because if it was, a lot more people would be grumbling about it.

Jamie Kahn Genet replied on :

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Because I can...

el

On 2012-05-13 08:52 , Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

This from a spammer (dozens of groups with the same advert for it's website) who can't even post a message without emailing it as well, and who top posts everything. Who the fuck are you to say what goes here? shakes head [snip]

So you're spamming scum. Willfully refuse to learn how to behave in Usenet. And that's your answer why - "Because I can". Wow, you really are determined to contribute nothing to society, aren't you? I'm glad I meet people like yourself - it reinforces my self worth because I'm such a better person PLONK

Simon1952 replied on :

In article HelpfulHarry-1305120942530001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

In article Simon1952-24291D.14120212052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

If there is any0one reading this group from Oz or NZ, I am planning a trip to NZ in a few months. I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac. It doesn't matter about the capacity - the cheaper the better, actually - I'll just leave my plug ends at home and put the NZ plug ends on my power supply / Charger.

I don't know where you guys buy Mac stuff, nor what order number to put on it, but if you can help, I'd be ever so grateful...

It's alsmot certainly easier and cheaper to just buy a normal travel adapter plug.

It's very unlikely any of the retail stores here in New Zealand actually stock NZ power plug heads separately, so you'd have to either wait for them to get one or buy a whole new power supply.

You may be able to buy just a power plug head from the Apple WebStore, but I don't know what the part number is.

On a side note, why would you want to come to New Zealand?? It's over-expensive (especially all the tourist-type things) and there's not really anything here to do that you can't do elsewhere and cheaper.

Helpful Harry :o)

Since I was in grade school, I have studied New Zealand and have wanted to visit your country. I have never spoken to anyone who ever said anything nasty about your country, and I still want to see the islands.

(Whether I get to Oz is another matter, but I wanna see you Kiwis on your home turf...)

Thanks for the info.

HR.

Simon1952 replied on :

In article 1kk1k8c.firevc180yyumN%dempson@redacted.invalid, dempson@redacted.invalid (David Empson) wrote:

Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

If there is any0one reading this group from Oz or NZ, I am planning a trip to NZ in a few months. I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac. It doesn't matter about the capacity - the cheaper the better, actually - I'll just leave my plug ends at home and put the NZ plug ends on my power supply / Charger.

I don't know where you guys buy Mac stuff, nor what order number to put on it, but if you can help, I'd be ever so grateful...

You can buy an Apple world travel adapter kit, which includes all the international plug adapters.

Assuming you are in Canada:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MB974ZM/B

(If not, substitute the appropriate country code for "ca" in the URL, or omit this part for the US.)

The only cheaper option I'm aware of from Apple would be to buy an iPod/iPhone or iPad power adapter when you get to New Zealand. The iPod/iPhone one includes a tap-on power adapter, and the iPad one includes a power cord.

For my MacBook Pro, I prefer to use the full length cord rather than the tap-on plug, because it correctly earths the computer. With the tap-on plug there is a leakage current I can feel on the metal body, which creates a tingling sensation.

Thanks. what with the iPhone (whcih I may leave behind what with Bell Roaming charges); the MacBook Pro, and the iPad, I think maybe their world travel thing might be the monkey's Hoo-haas!

S.

Helpful Harry replied on :

In article Simon1952-2D3F74.13511813052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

Since I was in grade school, I have studied New Zealand and have wanted to visit your country. I have never spoken to anyone who ever said anything nasty about your country, and I still want to see the islands.

(Whether I get to Oz is another matter, but I wanna see you Kiwis on your home turf...)

If you live in Canada, then you've already got "New Zealand" as your back yard (mountains, forests, beaches), only a much bigger version without (hopefully) suffereing the third world education system, medical system, Government, etc.

Helpful Harry :o)

Simon1952 replied on :

In article HelpfulHarry-1405120905430001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

In article Simon1952-2D3F74.13511813052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

Since I was in grade school, I have studied New Zealand and have wanted to visit your country. I have never spoken to anyone who ever said anything nasty about your country, and I still want to see the islands.

(Whether I get to Oz is another matter, but I wanna see you Kiwis on your home turf...)

If you live in Canada, then you've already got "New Zealand" as your back yard (mountains, forests, beaches), only a much bigger version without (hopefully) suffereing the third world education system, medical system, Government, etc.

Helpful Harry :o)

OK, so you are familiar with the Government Infrastructure in NZ, and you aren't happy.

Things ain't much better here, my friend. THe Governments have gotten people convinced that the Health Care situation is unacceptable and not solvable anymore, so they are no longer even pretending to try. Not that they take any fewer taxes, you understand. But they don't even pretend to care. They just treat everyone equally badly.

Education? Why spend money on education? Why build highways? Just whine about the cost. Canadians are like lemmings and never threaten or otherwise make politicians fear for anything, so we get NOTHING for our taxes.

THe UK seems to be much the same way, and it looks like Obama is taking the US down the same road.

Maybe too many years since the last bloody revolution? I dunno, but things are pretty much in the excrement all over the world.

But I have wanted to visit your home country since I was about in grade 8, and this February upcoming, it is going to happen. As we fly into Auckland, I'll wave.

S.

Jamie Kahn Genet replied on :

Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1405120905430001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

In article Simon1952-2D3F74.13511813052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

Since I was in grade school, I have studied New Zealand and have wanted to visit your country. I have never spoken to anyone who ever said anything nasty about your country, and I still want to see the islands.

(Whether I get to Oz is another matter, but I wanna see you Kiwis on your home turf...)

If you live in Canada, then you've already got "New Zealand" as your back yard (mountains, forests, beaches), only a much bigger version without (hopefully) suffereing the third world education system, medical system, Government, etc.

Helpful Harry :o)

OK, so you are familiar with the Government Infrastructure in NZ, and you aren't happy.

Things ain't much better here, my friend. THe Governments have gotten people convinced that the Health Care situation is unacceptable and not solvable anymore, so they are no longer even pretending to try. Not that they take any fewer taxes, you understand. But they don't even pretend to care. They just treat everyone equally badly.

Education? Why spend money on education? Why build highways? Just whine about the cost. Canadians are like lemmings and never threaten or otherwise make politicians fear for anything, so we get NOTHING for our taxes.

THe UK seems to be much the same way, and it looks like Obama is taking the US down the same road.

Maybe too many years since the last bloody revolution? I dunno, but things are pretty much in the excrement all over the world.

But I have wanted to visit your home country since I was about in grade 8, and this February upcoming, it is going to happen. As we fly into Auckland, I'll wave.

S.

NZ may have education and health systems suffering after years of radical market-driven policies e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogernomics, but we're anything but third world. In fact our government and electoral system are far more democratic that Britain's or the USA's (to give only two examples), and we have better healthcare and education than the US (and last I researched a couple years ago we were right behind Canada, but feel free to correct me if I'm out of date). Now other socialist leaning countries do better than us, yes. But third world? That's not only flat out wrong, it's offensive. Humph - I knew I killfiled Harry for a good reason (originally for incredibly sexist comments).

Jamie Kahn Genet replied on :

Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article 1kk1k8c.firevc180yyumN%dempson@redacted.invalid, dempson@redacted.invalid (David Empson) wrote:

Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

If there is any0one reading this group from Oz or NZ, I am planning a trip to NZ in a few months. I want to get one of the chargers for the MacPro Book sold in NZ, so that I can take a plug end with my Mac. It doesn't matter about the capacity - the cheaper the better, actually - I'll just leave my plug ends at home and put the NZ plug ends on my power supply / Charger.

I don't know where you guys buy Mac stuff, nor what order number to put on it, but if you can help, I'd be ever so grateful...

You can buy an Apple world travel adapter kit, which includes all the international plug adapters.

Assuming you are in Canada:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MB974ZM/B

(If not, substitute the appropriate country code for "ca" in the URL, or omit this part for the US.)

The only cheaper option I'm aware of from Apple would be to buy an iPod/iPhone or iPad power adapter when you get to New Zealand. The iPod/iPhone one includes a tap-on power adapter, and the iPad one includes a power cord.

For my MacBook Pro, I prefer to use the full length cord rather than the tap-on plug, because it correctly earths the computer. With the tap-on plug there is a leakage current I can feel on the metal body, which creates a tingling sensation.

Thanks. what with the iPhone (whcih I may leave behind what with Bell Roaming charges); the MacBook Pro, and the iPad, I think maybe their world travel thing might be the monkey's Hoo-haas!

S.

I'd suggest getting a cheap GSM cellphone you can swap the SIM (if you can't already do that with your iPhone) with a locally bought one, if you're going to be in NZ and Australia for long. Otherwise just use Skype with WiFi.

If you want to buy tech online in NZ (maybe have to waiting for you when you get there) I like the online Apple store http://www.apple.co.nz/store (expensive for non-Apple gear you can buy elsewhere), Mighty Ape http://www.mightyape.co.nz/ (outstanding service, average prices unless on special), and Ascent http://www.ascent.co.nz/ (cheapest regular prices of the three, wide range, and adequate service).

Or if you need adaptors and the like and want to shop in person, give Dick Smith http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dsnz/home.jsp or Noel Leeming http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/ a go - they have most things a traveller might need computer and cellphone-wise.

Helpful Harry replied on :

In article 1kk312j.14n6ckxg57zj0N%jamiekg@redacted.invalid, jamiekg@redacted.invalid (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

But third world?

You're right ... New Zealand is more like fifth world, and dropping further every day. :o(

Helpful Harry :o)

Helpful Harry replied on :

In article Simon1952-1270CF.15113213052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

In article HelpfulHarry-1405120905430001@redacted.invalid, HelpfulHarry@redacted.invalid (Helpful Harry) wrote:

In article Simon1952-2D3F74.13511813052012@redacted.invalid, Simon1952@redacted.invalid wrote:

Since I was in grade school, I have studied New Zealand and have wanted to visit your country. I have never spoken to anyone who ever said anything nasty about your country, and I still want to see the islands.

(Whether I get to Oz is another matter, but I wanna see you Kiwis on your home turf...)

If you live in Canada, then you've already got "New Zealand" as your back yard (mountains, forests, beaches), only a much bigger version without (hopefully) suffereing the third world education system, medical system, Government, etc.

OK, so you are familiar with the Government Infrastructure in NZ, and you aren't happy.

It isn't just the morons in government ... there's literally nothing here. The cruise ships pull into Auckland's port (the biggest city in the country) and you can see the tourists wandering around the central city wondering "Why the hell are we in this dump?"

Things ain't much better here, my friend. THe Governments have gotten people convinced that the Health Care situation is unacceptable and not solvable anymore, so they are no longer even pretending to try. Not that they take any fewer taxes, you understand. But they don't even pretend to care. They just treat everyone equally badly.

Education? Why spend money on education? Why build highways? Just whine about the cost. Canadians are like lemmings and never threaten or otherwise make politicians fear for anything, so we get NOTHING for our taxes.

THe UK seems to be much the same way, and it looks like Obama is taking the US down the same road.

Maybe too many years since the last bloody revolution? I dunno, but things are pretty much in the excrement all over the world.

Yep, it is the entire planet slowly cumbling thanks to most people (especially those in charge) being greedy, selfish, morons. :o(

Helpful Harry :o)

Dr Eberhard W Lisse replied on :

I think I have asked you before, how old are you?

el

On 2012-05-13 19:42 , Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Because I can...

el

On 2012-05-13 08:52 , Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam@redacted.invalid wrote:

Can you please stop spamming this group with unrelated nonsense like the below?

greetings, el

This from a spammer (dozens of groups with the same advert for it's website) who can't even post a message without emailing it as well, and who top posts everything. Who the fuck are you to say what goes here? shakes head [snip]

So you're spamming scum. Willfully refuse to learn how to behave in Usenet. And that's your answer why - "Because I can". Wow, you really are determined to contribute nothing to society, aren't you? I'm glad I meet people like yourself - it reinforces my self worth because I'm such a better person PLONK